CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Cary police have charged a Raleigh man with hitting a woman with his truck and killing her in Cary on Thursday night.
Logan Jones, 21, is charged with felony hit-and-run.
Police say Jones was driving a truck that struck 39-year-old Fasten Faud Shaikh, who was trying to cross the street near the intersection of Walnut Street and Macedonia Road.
The crash was called in around 10:15 p.m., police said.
According to Cary officials, Jones told officers that he thought he hit an animal and continued on his way home. Once he got home, he noticed all the flashing lights from the area he had just been and walked back to the scene, officials said.
When he got back to the scene, officials said he asked an emergency responder what happened and then told them he was the driver.
Jones was transported to the Wake County Detention Center and given a $15,000 secured bond. He has since bonded out.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crashes, downed lines cause issues for drivers Friday morning in Raleigh
- Snowfall totals for Feb. 20
- ‘We never give up’ – Cumberland County sheriff addresses arrest in 21-year-old case of Baby Michael
- Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, security official tells lawmakers
- McDonald’s creates candles that smell like 6 Quarter Pounder ingredients
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now