CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cary woman is behind bars and charged with robbing a dry cleaning business with a sword, according to a Wake County Magistrate’s Order.
Chloe Marie Martinez, 23, is charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon after police say she robbed Kwon’s Crescent Commons Dry Cleaners on Tuesday. The store is located off Kildaire Farm Road in the Walmart and Harris Teeter shopping center.
According to court documents, Martinez went into the store with an 18-inch sword where she then robbed the store and threatened the life of the employee.
Martinez stole $150 from the business.
She was arrested later on Tuesday and is currently being held at the Wake County Detention Center.
Martinez received a $50,000 secured bond on the armed robbery charge and had an additional $20,000 secured bond added for a probation violation.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now