HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Investigators are still trying to find out what happened to a Holly Springs mom who vanished.
Monica Moynan has been missing for several months.
Newly released search warrants show police are now investigating the case as a homicide that could result in murder charges.
They have been combing through social media, phone activity and bank statements for both Moynan and her ex-boyfriend Brian Sluss, who is a person of interest, court documents show.
Brian Sluss’ ex-wife, Jarlyn, has also been named a person of interest, Holly Springs officials said.
According to warrants, Moynan and Brian Sluss had a history of domestic violence.
After Moynan was reported missing, the Wake County City-County Bureau of Investigation searched her Holly Springs apartment and found a large area under kitchen tiles that tested positive for human blood.
Holly Springs police said while they have a person of interest in the case, no one has been charged.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Krzyzewski wins 217th game with Duke ranked No. 1 in romp
- Dog stolen from California in 2015 found with burglary suspects in Florida
- NC man accused of trying to set neighbor’s house on fire twice
- Giroux’s 4-point night leads Flyers past Canes, 5-3
- Blount leads NC Central past Bluefield State 68-44
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now