RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A chase started by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol ended in a three-vehicle crash in Raleigh along New Bern Avenue on Tuesday night.
The crash happened around 10:10 p.m. near the intersection of New Hope Road, according to authorities.
The chase began when a trooper saw the driver of a blue sports car run a red light.
The sports car led troopers on a chase that lasted about a minute, during which Raleigh police saw the driver run another red light.
Three people were in the suspect’s car that crashed with two other vehicles.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots