WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN)– A member of the cleaning staff at the Wake Forest Town Hall has tested positive for COVID-19, a news release said.
The Town Hall will close at noon Thursday so the facility can be professionally cleaned and sanitized, town officials said.
“The cleaning staff member who tested positive did not interact with members of the public and had limited contact with staff,” said Town Manager Kip Padgett. “Still, we are closing Town Hall and disinfecting the building in accordance with public health guidance.”
The Town Hall is expected to reopen on Friday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
- Sanford to begin 3-week city-wide scavenger hunt on Friday
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames