RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Community members are mourning the loss of a 24-year-old Raleigh mother.
Kimberly Holder’s family says she was shot and killed last night around 9 p.m. in the 500 block of Bragg Street.
Police say two other men were also shot but are expected to recover.
Holder’s family says she was a caring mother who grew up in that neighborhood.
She leaves behind a 6-year-old girl.
Her loved ones set up a candlelight vigil at the spot where she was gunned down.
“She was really down to earth, but she didn’t speak much,” cousin James Colclough said Saturday. “She definitely loved all the kids. She loved kids and it’s just messed up, though. It’s an everyday struggle.”
Neighbors say they need more job opportunities and resources to help stop recurring violence.
There’s no suspect information at this time.
- You can get a free Firehouse sub if your name is Michael, Marquita or Michelle
- Florida man recorded by neighbor beating dog unconscious, police say
- Thunberg ‘a bit surprised’ to be Time ‘Person of the Year’
- ‘He was our baby’: Family devastated after veterinarian euthanizes wrong dog
- Colorful crosswalks not sitting well with some in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now