GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Construction caused major traffic delays on Interstate-40 west Friday morning near Garner.
The interstate’s left lane near exit 306 was closed until about 2:45 p.m. “due to unforeseen issues dismantling the old bridge” at the exit, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
Traffic was backed up past exit 312 throughout the morning.
Drivers encountered major traffic delays through the work zone and many were told to take an alternate route.
CBS 17’s Laura Smith suggested using NC-50 northbound into Raleigh or take the Clayton Bypass to U.S. 70 Business to get to I-40.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway