RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash blocked lanes on Interstate 540 near Glenwood Avenue for about 90 minutes on Tuesday afternoon.
The wreck was reported just after 4:45 p.m. in the westbound lanes of I-540 near U.S. 70, which is Glenwood Avenue, exit 4, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
At the height of rush hour, the right two lanes of I-540 were closed. Traffic cameras from the area showed heavy back-ups at the scene.
With the exception of the shoulder, the highway reopened by 6:15.
- Man hospitalized with serious injuries after Raleigh stabbing
- Victims of robbery, a Fort Bragg soldier and his roommate seek justice
- Tornado warning issued for part of Warren County
- President Trump says he’s asked DOJ to expedite investigation into the death of George Floyd
- Ft. Bragg soldier goes missing at North Carolina’s coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now