RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash on Interstate 40 in Wake County closed the highway in one direction for about an hour on Sunday afternoon.
The wreck was reported around 2:20 p.m. in the I-40 westbound lanes near exit 303, which is Jones Sausage Road, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
All westbound lanes of I-40 were closed until about 3:20 p.m. when two lanes were reopened. The entire highway reopened about 3:35 p.m., but traffic delays remained in the area.
Drivers were being detoured off I-40 and are advised to use Exit 306 (U.S. 70 West) back to I-40.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sponsored Content: FTCC Students are Getting Ready for Their Return to Campus
- Thursday, April 22nd: Getting Kids to do Their Chores; FTCC Students Return to Campus
- Masked man shot by grandfather during break-in dies
- Virginia police charge woman suspected of sharing officer’s personal information online
- Authorities searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man after woman found dead in Pulaski County under suspicious circumstances