RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash on Interstate 40 in Wake County closed the highway in one direction for about an hour on Sunday afternoon.
The wreck was reported around 2:20 p.m. in the I-40 westbound lanes near exit 303, which is Jones Sausage Road, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
All westbound lanes of I-40 were closed until about 3:20 p.m. when two lanes were reopened. The entire highway reopened about 3:35 p.m., but traffic delays remained in the area.
Drivers were being detoured off I-40 and are advised to use Exit 306 (U.S. 70 West) back to I-40.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- We sit down and meet Mrs. North Carolina American Beauties Plus 2020
- Some governors order their National Guard troops home after some were told to sleep in a parking garage
- Find Instagram fashion online at Boneca Boutique
- Joanna and Adriana visit Charley Madelyn for the season’s hottest trends
- A look back at Hank Aaron, trailblazer & baseball’s one-time home run king