RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people were taken to the hospital as a result of a three-car wreck on westbound Interstate 440 in Raleigh, police said.
One of those people suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The crash also resulted in lanes being closed for about two hours.
A North Carolina Department of Transportation alert said the wreck happened shortly after 6:15 p.m. One lane reopened around 7:20 p.m. All lanes were open about an hour later.
The crash is still under investigation, Raleigh police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘We want justice!’ Dozens honor life of 15-year-old killed in Durham shooting
- Plane crashes in Pennsylvania neighborhood while trying to land
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall