RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A deadly wreck that happened during torrential rain in Raleigh closed westbound Interstate 40 Sunday afternoon at U.S. 401, which is South Saunders Street, officials said.
The wreck was reported just after 4 p.m. at the South Saunders Street exit near the Lake Wheeler Road exit. Traffic was being routed off I-40 onto South Saunders Street before some lanes reopened around 6:20 p.m.
Raleigh police said the wreck was a “motorcycle fatality.”
The highway completely reopened around 6:40 p.m.
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Portion of Cedar Creek Road in Fayetteville closed due to crash, avoid area
- 1st NC case of new COVID-19 variant detected in Charlotte area
- Teen describes torture and attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Man wounded in shooting along Holloway St. in Durham
- No. 13 Virginia rallies past Georgia Tech, 64-62