RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A deadly wreck that happened during torrential rain in Raleigh closed westbound Interstate 40 Sunday afternoon at U.S. 401, which is South Saunders Street, officials said.
The wreck was reported just after 4 p.m. at the South Saunders Street exit near the Lake Wheeler Road exit. Traffic was being routed off I-40 onto South Saunders Street before some lanes reopened around 6:20 p.m.
Raleigh police said the wreck was a “motorcycle fatality.”
The highway completely reopened around 6:40 p.m.
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Red fox with Instagram account euthanized after woman ‘kidnaps’ it
- Some mystery seeds illegally sent from China identified
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Wake Research and NC Disability Determination Services are hiring
- 4 SC residents among 7 killed in mid-air plane crash in Alaska