RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — After two nights of damage and clashes with police in downtown Raleigh, some destruction shifted to the North Hills area late Sunday.
Raleigh police said there were incidents underway at North Hills before midnight Sunday.
Many police officers were seen in riot gear in the North Hills area, but details were scarce.
Some of the activity was near the Harris-Teeter in the area. Many people were seen in the area and damage to some storefronts was visible.
As CBS 17 crews arrived, one man was seen being assaulted by a group of people. People were also seen running from the area while carrying liquor bottles.
Raleigh police said three people were arrested on various charges related to the incidents at North Hills.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 infects scores of campers, counselors, and workers at Missouri summer camp
- Mexican residents want stronger border restrictions on Americans as coronavirus cases rise
- Police: SC man pointed gun at neighbors because he wanted them to stop shooting fireworks
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence