RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Wake County deputies are at the scene of a death investigation on Saturday night, officials said.
Deputies were dispatched around 7:30 p.m. to the scene near the intersection of Leesville and Strickland roads, just south of Interstate 540.
A Wake County Sheriff’s Office spokesman later confirmed that a death investigation was underway nearby in the 9400 block of Carlswood Court.
The area is a neighborhood behind Southbridge Fellowship and is across the street from Strickland Road Neighborhood Park.
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
- Raleigh police: Bystander hit in crossfire; suspects later have shootout in vehicles, shooting a 3rd car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now