MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Delta Airlines employee working at Raleigh-Durham International Airport has tested positive for COVID-19, a company spokesperson tells CBS 17.
In a release Wednesday, officials say they have been taking every measure to protect Delta Airlines’ RDU team members.
In addition, officials say they have thoroughly disinfected workspaces with enhanced cleaning procedures using high-grade EPA-registered disinfectants.
The release does not identify the employee or say what they employee’s position is within the company.
CBS 17 called Delta Airlines and found out that the employee is not reporting to work right now and anyone that had prolonged exposure to the employee is currently not working and is being monitored.
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
- Sanford to begin 3-week city-wide scavenger hunt on Friday
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now