RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Wake County deputies found a missing autistic teen Saturday afternoon after he was last seen in his home Friday night, officials said.
The boy was reported missing just after 9 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Silver Star Drive, which is east of Raleigh, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
A Silver Alert identified the boy as Deangelo Stone, 14.
Deputies said that the boy’s foster parents told them he was last seen Friday around 11:30 p.m.
“When they went to check on him this morning, they found the window open and he was not in the room,” the news release said.
Deangelo was found just before 5 p.m. Saturday near the Walmart on New Bern Avenue and New Hope Road.
“Wake EMS responded to check him out, but it appears that except for being hungry and thirsty, the teen was in good health,” a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh man charged with possession of drug known as ‘monkey dust’
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old Tennessee boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in home
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party