RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A fallen powerline blocked all of Glenwood Avenue near Millbrook Road in Raleigh Monday night, police said.
The incident was reported just before 7 p.m., according to Raleigh police. It reopened shortly after 10:15 p.m.
Glenwood Avenue is closed just north of Millbrook Road.
Police said they are not sure what caused the powerlines to fall across the road.
Police said that drivers should avoid the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 4 NC family members die in crash while going to pick up custom wedding band
- What you need to know about bubonic plague, the disease behind ‘Black Death’
- Indiana man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- NC firefighter hit by car 4 months ago is released from hospital, given escort home
- Fast start to 2020 hurricane season confirms early forecasts of active year
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now