RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A popular downtown Raleigh restaurant’s chocolate peanut butter pie has been named one of the 10 best vegan pies in America by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
PETA selected the top 10 vegan pies from restaurants and bakeries across the country and The Remedy Diner’s chocolate peanut butter pie secured a spot on the list.
The pie has a graham cracker crust, a chocolate-peanut butter filling, and it’s topped with coconut whipped cream, crushed peanuts and a chocolate drizzle.
The restaurant also features vegan versions of popular pies and cakes such as coconut cream pie, sopapilla “cheesecake,” pumpkin cheesecake and key lime pie.
“The Remedy Diner’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a delicious and animal-friendly way to end any Thanksgiving meal,” said PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “All the decadent pies on PETA’s list show how easy it is to give everyone — including chickens and cows — something to be thankful for.”
The Remedy Diner was one of three restaurants or bakeries in the southeast to make the top 10.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now