RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A delivery driver was assaulted and robbed Thursday morning in Raleigh, according to police.
The incident happened around 3 a.m. in the 8100-block of Farmlea Circle when a delivery driver came to drop off an order at what turned out to be an abandoned house, officials said.
The driver was delivering food from a restaurant on Hillsborough Street, according to authorities.
Police said the victim told them that they were struck with some type of weapon. They did not claim any injury from the assault, though. The victim was not transported to the hospital.
The suspect fled with the food and the driver’s cash, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protest over George Floyd’s death planned in Raleigh Saturday afternoon
- 2 hospitalized after chlorine leak near 2 Raleigh nursing homes
- Car crash closes Glenwood Ave. at Raleigh’s Five Points, police say
- Charlotte police declare George Floyd protest an ‘unlawful assembly’
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now