RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An SUV driver was injured Saturday when the vehicle went off Interstate 540, hit a center flexible guardrail and flipped in the median.
The crash happened around 2 p.m. along I-540 between the Glenwood Avenue and Leesville Road exits, according to fire crews and Raleigh police.
Raleigh police said the SUV driver suffered a medical emergency, which led to the crash. The center median apparently kept the SUV from traveling into oncoming lanes, according to photos.
The driver was taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries. No one else was in the vehicle and no other cars were involved, police said.
The Durham Highway Fire Department and Raleigh fire crews responded to the scene.
One lane was closed until about 3 p.m., according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now