RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A driver was killed Tuesday when his vehicle ran off the ramp from Interstate-40 west to Wade Avenue in Raleigh, police said.
The single-vehicle crash occurred just before 1 p.m.
Raleigh police responded to the scene and found Peter Richard Marsh Jr. of Durham suffering from injuries related to the crash.
Marsh was transported to WakeMed where he later died, police said.
A wreck report released by Raleigh police shows March was traveling at approximately 60 mph when he took the Wade Avenue exit. His car left the roadway to the left and slammed into a tree.
A medical condition is listed as a likely cause behind the crash, the report shows.
The ramp reopened around 5:30 p.m. but a vehicle fire soon shut it down again.
Drivers are asked to avoid area as the ramp is closed.
- Save Yourself from Painful Headaches, Migraines
- Advice for the New Year with Vincent Genna
- Number of NC nursing homes with COVID outbreaks keeps climbing
- Texas woman arrested for trying to buy another woman’s child at Walmart, report says
- UNC doctor urges regular screenings to help catch cervical cancer