RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — If you’re out at Shelley Lake, you may notice some new babies.
Eagle-watchers have spotted a pair of eaglets. Elaine Perkinson sent us a picture.
The baby eagle is pretty well hidden, but if you look closely you can see one of the eaglets.
The parents, nicknamed Shelley and Raleigh, have been nesting near the lake for the past few years.
Shelley Lake Park is located at 1400 West Millbrook Road. Although Raleigh park centers are closed, the parks are still open.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SC senate candidate, bulletproof vest charity CEO charged with incest, rape
- AMBER Alert update: Tampa police arrest triple homicide suspect from Georgia
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
- Woman injured in overnight Raleigh apartment fire, two displaced
- Fayetteville residents ask fellow citizens to ‘do their part’ and follow the city’s curfew
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now