ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) – A crash closed the eastbound lanes of U.S. 64 in Zebulon late Friday night, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
As of 11:30 p.m. Friday, the highway was closed near exit 435, which is North Arendell Avenue. Drivers are being instructed to take exit 432, which is Lizard Lick Road, turn right, and follow Lizard Lick Road to N.C. 97. Follow N.C. 97 East to N.C. 96 North and turn left. N.C. 95 North can be used to re-access U.S. 64 East.
By midnight, one lane had reopened. Officials said the scene should be clear by 1 a.m. Saturday.
No additional information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden has 3-point lead over Trump in Texas, poll shows
- NC sheriff’s office mourning loss of long-time employee who collapsed, died while on break
- Raleigh mom plans to buy first house after winning $1M from scratch-off
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gaining strength, will likely become hurricane
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle