ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) – A crash closed the eastbound lanes of U.S. 64 in Zebulon late Friday night, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
As of 11:30 p.m. Friday, the highway was closed near exit 435, which is North Arendell Avenue. Drivers are being instructed to take exit 432, which is Lizard Lick Road, turn right, and follow Lizard Lick Road to N.C. 97. Follow N.C. 97 East to N.C. 96 North and turn left. N.C. 95 North can be used to re-access U.S. 64 East.
By midnight, one lane had reopened. Officials said the scene should be clear by 1 a.m. Saturday.
No additional information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hurricane Isaias maintains 85 mph winds with 105 mph gusts as it moves onto NC coast
- Clayton church sheltering people with special medical needs from Hurricane Isaias
- Power outages, damage, storm surge flooding seen at NC coast as Hurricane Isaias hits
- Woman says snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in apartment
- Can Congress save the live music industry before it’s too late?