RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh was open Saturday — but it was deserted.
Video captured in the empty mall showed an eerie scene.
There was no one out among the shuttered stores seen in the video. The escalators that were turned off contributed to the silence.
The Budget Car Rental office was open at Crabtree Valley Mall. And, all the restaurants were open — but only for take-out dining.
Since the coronavirus pandemic, the mall has trimmed back hours — open only from noon to 7 p.m. during the week and noon to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rep. Mark Walker announces run for US Senate in 2022
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize