KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities are investigating if a space heater led to a fire that destroyed a Wake County home Sunday night.
The fire was reported around 6:45 p.m. at a home in the 3600 block of Lodge Drive near Knightdale, officials said.
When Eastern Wake Fire Department crews arrived, flames were already showing out the back of the home, officials said.
A family of four was at home at the time when the fire started. They all managed to get out of the home, however, two pet birds died in the blaze, according to fire officials.
Wake County officials said the fire was electrical, but are not sure if it is linked to a space heater. The cause of fire that destroyed the single-wide mobile home is still under investigation.
No one was hurt. About 15 firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze.
- Alcohol a factor in Durham crash that killed motorcyclist, critically injured his wife, police say
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- Raleigh police investigating after man shot in east Raleigh Saturday morning
- SC teacher fired after ‘inexcusable’ Facebook post
- Police investigating Virginia in-home day care after 2 children found unresponsive, later died
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now