RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A felon armed with a handgun was captured after he was seen roaming around a Raleigh neighborhood Saturday, police said.
The incident was reported mid-morning Saturday in the area of Supreme Drive and Bashford Road, which is between Hillsborough Street and Buck Jones Road, Raleigh police said.
A man was spotted by neighbors walking around with a gun, according to police.
The suspect was later confronted by police a few blocks south along Norman Place. Police told the man to drop the handgun, which he did, according to officers.
Hakeem Jerome Prince, 24, of Raleigh, was booked at 11:30 a.m., arrest records indicate.
He was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm and simple possession of Schedule VI controlled substance, according to arrest records.
No one was injured in the incident.
- NC firefighter cited after tanker flips when water shifts, officials say
- NC House intends to vote on Second Chance Act during April session
- Man nabbed after beating up girlfriend who refused to help in break-in, Orange County deputies say
- Video released after Raleigh officer fires 4 gunshots at carjacking suspect
- Some Triangle hospitals at full capacity as flu season intensifies
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now