FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – Firefighters worked to knock down a fire that damaged a home in Fuquay-Varina on Friday.
The fire was reported around 11:45 p.m. at a home along Bristlecone Pine Drive.
Fuquay-Varina Fire Chief Tony Mauldin said that about 30% of the home has extensive fire damage and the entire home has water damage.
Mauldin said investigators are looking into wiring near the rear of the home and the fire could be electrical in nature.
No word on injuries or the cause but the home was listed as for sale when the fire broke out.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
- Disabled Durham veteran’s wheelchair ramp destroyed by drunk driver, police say
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump