RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A fire inside a department store in Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh triggered the sprinkler system Friday afternoon, officials said.
The incident happened just before 5:40 p.m. inside Macy’s, according to Crabtree Valley Mall spokesman Brian Asbill.
Asbill said “a small fire” broke out and caused the sprinkler system to deploy.
Raleigh fire officials said the blaze broke out in the upstairs men’s fitting room.
The sprinklers then extinguished the fire, Asbill said.
Raleigh fire officials said 25% of the building was damaged and that the cause was “incendiary,” although they did not explain further the fire’s cause.
Officials said 35 firefighters responded to the incident.
No one was injured.
Friday evening, crews were cleaning up merchandise damaged by water, Asbill said.
- Orange County man arrested in sting for trying to pick up 14-year-old for sex acts, police say
- VIDEO: Girl struggles free during kidnapping attempt; suspect armed with knife
- Tennessee chase suspect launches car through guard rail, sails 25-feet into ravine
- WATCH: Stolen U-Haul truck erupts into flames during California chase; 1 in custody
- Celebration of life held for teen cheerleader who was killed in stabbing