FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) — Coworkers are rallying around a Fuquay-Varina teenager hurt in a hit-and-run crash.
They’ll hold a fundraiser for her Wednesday.
Isabella Allen is a cashier at Zaxby’s in Fuquay-Varina. She was riding her moped home from work last Friday when police say an SUV hit her then left the scene.
Two women are charged in connection with the crash.
Allen is still in the hospital, so to help with her medical bills, on Wednesday, the Zaxby’s in Fuquay-Varina will donate a portion of their sales to Allen.
Other Zaxby’s in the area are also participating in the fundraiser.
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now