RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Fuquay-Varina woman died in a head-on crash on Interstate 40 westbound, according to a crash report released by Raleigh police.
The crash happened shortly after noon Monday. Police said a 2007 BMW driven by Ronald Debnam entered onto I-40 west from the exit ramp at Rock Quarry Road. It was traveling the wrong way on I-40 west when it collided head-on with a 2005 Suzuki vehicle driven by Ana Castellanos.
Castellanos died as a result of her injuries, Raleigh police said. They believe Debnam was suffering from a medical emergency.
No charges have been filed. The crash remains under investigation, police said.
- Vigil held for one of 5 youths who died in Capital Boulevard crash in Raleigh
- Woman taken to hospital after shooting in Raleigh neighborhood
- NC State Fair attendance down by 70k over 1st 3 days compared to 2019
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by car in Durham
- Historic Louisburg home gutted by fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now