RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Fuquay-Varina woman died in a head-on crash on Interstate 40 westbound, according to a crash report released by Raleigh police.
The crash happened shortly after noon Monday. Police said a 2007 BMW driven by Ronald Debnam entered onto I-40 west from the exit ramp at Rock Quarry Road. It was traveling the wrong way on I-40 west when it collided head-on with a 2005 Suzuki vehicle driven by Ana Castellanos.
Castellanos died as a result of her injuries, Raleigh police said. They believe Debnam was suffering from a medical emergency.
No charges have been filed. The crash remains under investigation, police said.
- Passengers on Southwest flight get free Nintendo Switch
- Texas woman pleads guilty in shooting deaths of 2 daughters
- 5 guys arrested after fight at Five Guys restaurant in Florida
- Wife convicted in Georgia soldier’s death, guilty of murder
- VIDEO: 6-year-old baseball coach gets ejected, kicks dirt on ump, tosses bats on field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now