GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — A Garner man was arrested in connection to Wednesday evening’s hit and run, according to Garner Police Captain Chris Adams.
On Wednesday around 7:40 p.m., officers responded to Timber Drive for a report of a car that hit a tree. Capt. Adams said officers discovered that a car hit a tree on a grass median.
Adams said the driver left the passenger and fled the scene on foot. Timothy James Alcorn, 49, was later found hiding in the woods.
The passenger was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Alcorn was charged Thursday with:
- Felony serious injury by vehicle
- Felony hit and run serious injury/death
- Driving while impared
- Open container alcohol violation
- Reckless driving/wanton disregard
- Speeding in excess of 45 mph
- Failure to maintain lane control
According to court documents, Alcorn received a $500,000 secured bond and will appear in court Friday.