GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Garner’s chief of police announced he is resigning from the department as he moves to become assistant town manager with Morrisville.
Chief Brandon Zuidema said his resignation ends his 26.5 years in law enforcement.
He’s served close to the last 10 years as Garner’s police chief.
“I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to the men & women of Garner police who I have been proud to serve with. I can’t imagine a more committed & professional team. Also thanks to the citizens, Town staff, & our elected officials in Garner for their support,” Zuidema tweeted.
Zuidema’s last day with Garner will be Nov. 1.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Should fewer Americans get a $1,400 stimulus check?
- Durham County sheriff requiring employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Former Wake County deputy arrested after hours-long standoff, sheriff’s office says
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- One Raleigh provider gearing up for mass vaccine distribution