GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Garner’s chief of police announced he is resigning from the department as he moves to become assistant town manager with Morrisville.
Chief Brandon Zuidema said his resignation ends his 26.5 years in law enforcement.
He’s served close to the last 10 years as Garner’s police chief.
“I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to the men & women of Garner police who I have been proud to serve with. I can’t imagine a more committed & professional team. Also thanks to the citizens, Town staff, & our elected officials in Garner for their support,” Zuidema tweeted.
Zuidema’s last day with Garner will be Nov. 1.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property