GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Garner’s chief of police announced he is resigning from the department as he moves to become assistant town manager with Morrisville.
Chief Brandon Zuidema said his resignation ends his 26.5 years in law enforcement.
He’s served close to the last 10 years as Garner’s police chief.
“I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to the men & women of Garner police who I have been proud to serve with. I can’t imagine a more committed & professional team. Also thanks to the citizens, Town staff, & our elected officials in Garner for their support,” Zuidema tweeted.
Zuidema’s last day with Garner will be Nov. 1.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California man caught eating 90-year-old grandmother’s body
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn
- Some Raleigh protesters appreciate show of respect from police; others say it’s not enough
- Nominate a Frontline hero for a free roof from Ridge Valley Exteriors
- Officials: Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire