CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – A Holly Springs police officer transporting a person to jail was among the 10 to 15 vehicles involved in a wreck on U.S. 1 in Wake County, Cary officials said.
The wreck — which officials said appears to have been triggered by a car hydroplaning — happened just before midnight Friday on U.S. 1 between the Ten-Ten Road and Tryon Road exits.
The person being transported by the police officer was detained, officials said.
Traffic is expected to be impacted overnight.
No one appeared to have suffered major injuries. No one had been taken to the hospital as of 12:30 a.m. Saturday, officials said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dive crews checking Falls Lake after possible drowning reported
- Second stimulus check: Lawmakers hope to provide relief to lower-income Americans
- Are face mask exemption cards legit? Coronavirus fact vs. fiction
- Man charged in triple homicide after bodies found at 3 locations across Wake County
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now