RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A house that caught fire in Raleigh’s Wakefield neighborhood on Sunday morning went up in flames again Monday morning, according to fire officials.
Fire crews responded to the 2500-block of Springfield Park Drive on Sunday morning when a home there caught fire. A woman and her dog who had recently moved from New York were able to escape, officials said.
The fire on Sunday was caused by a candle upstairs. Crews put out the fire and boarded up the home.
Just before 6 a.m. Monday, the fire rekindled, according to officials.
The fire on Monday morning ended up damaging two other homes next door. The homeowner and dog were not home when the second fire broke out.
The roof of the house completely collapsed as a result of the fire.
No injuries were reported as a result of either fire.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham City Council accepting applications to fill Ward 3 vacancy
- Tuesday Fur-cast | August 11
- Russia registers coronavirus vaccine, Putin says one of his daughters has been inoculated
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now