GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — A wreck on Interstate 40 blocked traffic in both directions in a construction zone near Garner Monday afternoon.
The crash was reported around 4:25 p.m. near exit 306, which is the exit for U.S. 70 Business.
Traffic is stopped in the eastbound lanes.
The wreck itself appears to be in westbound lanes and initially blocked both lanes, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Traffic sensors and cameras in the area show both directions of I-40 at a standstill.
The left lane heading west reopened around 5 p.m. The highway reopened by 6:30 p.m.
There was no information about injuries or how the crash happened.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC Senate to reconsider effort to override Gov. Cooper’s veto of school reopening bill
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever
- 1 Navy serviceman dead, 5 other people wounded in US military convoy crash in Calif.
- Silver Alert issued for missing, endangered Shelby woman
- Dad of Moore County man killed outside SC airport said they were in town to sell hemp, deputies say