RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Overnight lane closures have been announced for Interstate 40 from southeast Raleigh to Clayton.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the closure is part of the widening of I-40. Crews will be installing bridge girders on the new flyover bridge from Interstate 440 east to I-40 east.
The closure will be in effect tonight from midnight to 5 a.m. Thursday and then again at midnight until 5 a.m. on Friday. Drivers won’t be able to travel I-40 east to I-440 west.
A detour will direct drivers down I-40 east to exit 303/Jones Sausage Road to turn around and take I-40 west to exit 301 to get to I-440 west.
Allow extra time to navigate the detour during the work zone.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach SkyWheel accused of other sex acts elsewhere
- Friday, January 22nd: Friday fashion and bloopers
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, triggering trial
- Myrtle Beach trio arrested for meth trafficking in NC
- We sit down and meet Mrs. North Carolina American Beauties Plus 2020