GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Westbound lanes of Interstate 40 were closed for about 90 minutes Friday night near Garner after a wreck involving a tractor-trailer, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said.
The incident happened around 8:50 p.m. on I-40 heading west near U.S. 70 Business near Garner, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
NCSHP said a sedan and tractor-trailer were involved in a collision that closed I-40 westbound.
The NCDOT said the road should reopen just before 10:50 p.m. However, it reopened around 10:20 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden takes the helm as president: ‘Democracy has prevailed’
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Twitter transitions @POTUS account to Joe Biden
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?