ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The Wake County Sheriff’s Office identified the man hospitalized in a deadly double shooting in Rolesville as 47-year-old Edward Mattison III.
Mattison was listed in critical condition. The sheriff’s office didn’t provide an update Monday. Deputies responded to the shooting around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Witnesses said Mattison ran to a neighbor’s house for help.
“I heard it across the street. I heard a voice say ‘help,’ then multiple gunshots,” a 911 caller said. “I have no idea. I have kids in the house. I don’t want to open the door.”
Officials are calling the shooting a domestic situation. They have not released the name of the woman who died. They also have not released a motive.
“I’m shocked. I’ve never heard of anything happening like that before here in this community, so it’s very shocking,” said neighbor John Sharpe.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC woman facing 40 counts of animal cruelty after dogs seized
- First-grader takes gun to school, discharges in pocket
- Gunman crashes during chase after robbing Food Lion in Morrisville, police say
- 4-year-old fighting for life, suffered brain damage after getting the flu
- Woman dies after hair, clothing gets caught in raisin processing machine