ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The Wake County Sheriff’s Office identified the man hospitalized in a deadly double shooting in Rolesville as 47-year-old Edward Mattison III.
Mattison was listed in critical condition. The sheriff’s office didn’t provide an update Monday. Deputies responded to the shooting around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Witnesses said Mattison ran to a neighbor’s house for help.
“I heard it across the street. I heard a voice say ‘help,’ then multiple gunshots,” a 911 caller said. “I have no idea. I have kids in the house. I don’t want to open the door.”
Officials are calling the shooting a domestic situation. They have not released the name of the woman who died. They also have not released a motive.
“I’m shocked. I’ve never heard of anything happening like that before here in this community, so it’s very shocking,” said neighbor John Sharpe.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC lawmakers to have more oversight of state DOT
- Family mourns Durham woman killed by celebratory gunfire on July 4th
- Raleigh officials disappointed, concerned by report of COVID-19 exposure at summer camp
- Wake County leaders approve paid holiday for Juneteenth
- NC begins COVID-19 testing at nursing homes amid delays in getting test results
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now