RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh’s unofficial mayor is retiring.
Tucker is better known as the Oak City Kitty. He will take his last stroll down Fayetteville Street next week.
His retirement was announced on Instagram, where he has more than 10,000 followers. The 22-year-old, 25-pound cat rose to fame for walking around downtown Raleigh as a means of weight loss. His sarcastic and snarky posts helped, too.
His owner said the family plans on moving and it’s time to step away from the social media spotlight.
“He already hates his neighbors, hates the house, and hasn’t seen any of it,” owner Ron Kirk said.
Kirk said Tucker may occasionally pop up on Instagram. And, since Tucker is a rescue, Kirk wanted to remind people to adopt, not shop.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- AAA tips on how to keep your car running well while unused during pandemic
- Clayton nursing home workers concerned after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- Despite beautiful weekend weather ahead, Cooper urges NC residents not to make beach trips
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now