RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man is behind bars Thursday morning after police say he robbed a Raleigh gas station at gunpoint.
Police said the Kangaroo Express at 4330 Louisburg Road was robbed gunpoint at 12:46 a.m. The suspect, identified as 28-year-old Demarius Jerrad Morris, had a handgun when he robbed the store, according to police.
Morris was apprehended, arrested, and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony carrying concealed gun.
No one was injured during the robbery.
He is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $60,000 secured bond, arrest records show.
His first court appearance is set for Thursday afternoon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- NC mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Deputies ask man to quit calling about his stolen marijuana
- Jay Bilas, NC congressman weigh in on NCAA’s ‘Fair Pay to Play’ issue
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now