RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The Wake County Solid Waste Management Division and the South Wake Landfill Citizens Committee are inviting neighbors of the South Wake Landfill to come out to their next meeting.
The meeting will be held on Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. at the South Wake Landfill Office, located at 6025 Old Smithfield Road in Apex.
According to officials, though, seating is limited as the meeting space can only accommodate 40 people.
Residents can come to the meeting and learn about current operations at the landfill and Wake County’s plan for it in the future.
In the past, many have had issues with the landfill.
Residents are also encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas to make the landfill’s presence in the area a positive one, while also sharing what was learned in the meeting to those who live near, but couldn’t attend.
To reserve a seat, residents are encouraged to contact Stephanie Garehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portion of northbound NC540 closed due to crash
- Cause of fire at Durham auto repair shop under investigation
- Raleigh Police arrest and charge 18-year-old in murder of 17-year-old
- Horne’s career night carries Virginia Tech past Pittsburgh 67-57
- 1st half run helps Miami in 71-54 win over Wake Forest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now