GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A major exit ramp is closing this weekend in Garner.
North Carolina Department of Transportation crews plan to close the loop from Interstate 40 west to U.S. Route 70 west (exit 306-A) Friday night as part of the widening project from southeast Raleigh to Clayton.
The closure starts Friday at 9 p.m. and is expected to reopen Monday morning around 5 a.m. The closure is so that crews can tie in the pavement to shift traffic onto the next exit loop, scheduled to open up at the beginning of next week.
A detour will send drivers up to Jones Sausage Road (exit 303) to turn around and access U.S. 70 west toward Garner and the White Oak Shopping Center.
Drivers should allow extra time for the detour and pay extra attention while driving through the work zone.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now