RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The City of Raleigh said its Public Utilities Department will replace a sewer line on W. Whitaker Mill Road in the Five Points area Tuesday.
The road will be closed in both directions at 500 W. Whitaker Mill Road near Glenwood Avenue from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Drivers should expect delays and detours in the area:
Westbound traffic: W. Whitaker Mill Road > right on Sunset Drive > right on White Oak Road > Left on Alexander Road > Glenwood Avenue
Southbound traffic: Glenwood Avenue > left on Fairview Road > left on Duncan Street > left on Sunset Drive > W. Whitaker Mill Road
Northbound traffic: Glenwood Avenue > right on White Oak Road > right on Sunset Drive > W. Whitaker Mill Road
City officials say construction is weather-dependent and customers should not experience any interruption of service.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Tillis says impeaching Trump as a private citizen would set ‘dangerous precedent’
- RDU, other NC airports included in United Airlines sale with flights as low as $29
- Halting evictions, utility shutoffs led to fewer COVID-19 cases and deaths, Duke study says
- Wake County schools working on virtual plan for spring semester
- U.S. Army women now allowed to wear ponytails, lipstick and nail polish in combat uniform