RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The City of Raleigh said its Public Utilities Department will replace a sewer line on W. Whitaker Mill Road in the Five Points area Tuesday.
The road will be closed in both directions at 500 W. Whitaker Mill Road near Glenwood Avenue from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Drivers should expect delays and detours in the area:
Westbound traffic: W. Whitaker Mill Road > right on Sunset Drive > right on White Oak Road > Left on Alexander Road > Glenwood Avenue
Southbound traffic: Glenwood Avenue > left on Fairview Road > left on Duncan Street > left on Sunset Drive > W. Whitaker Mill Road
Northbound traffic: Glenwood Avenue > right on White Oak Road > right on Sunset Drive > W. Whitaker Mill Road
City officials say construction is weather-dependent and customers should not experience any interruption of service.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- John Lennon’s killer says he sought glory, deserved death penalty
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Single-dose vaccine tested as US experts say no corners cut
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now