GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities believe a man was speeding when he crashed into a house early Sunday morning.
The car crashed into a home in the area of Broughton Street and Garner Road around 3:30 a.m.
Police say the driver, 20-year-old Saul Elijah Hernandez, got out of his vehicle and walked into the home after the crash.
Hernandez was given a breathalyzer test and arrested. He has been charged with DWI and breaking and entering.
- Man tried to save life of NC teen who died after being hit by car
- COVID-19 vaccines likely delayed for teachers, Cumberland County school officials say
- North Carolina man charged in connection with Capitol riots, FBI says
- Fayetteville man behind bars after trooper pulls him over for speeding, finds gun and drugs
- Breakup is catalyst for Lee County murder-suicide, sheriff’s office says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now