RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A man has been arrested following the shooting death of a teen girl on Tuesday, Raleigh police announced Wednesday morning.
Police responded to a shooting call at an apartment complex in the 5700-block of Goodstone Drive just before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Once at the scene, officers found a gunshot victim and transported her to WakeMed for treatment.
The victim, who has been identified as 17-year-old Jameisha Person, died as a result of her injuries, police said.
James Edward Evans, Jr., 47, of Raleigh, was arrested at the scene, according to police and arrest records. He is charged with felony accessory after the fact to murder.
He is currently being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond.
The investigation remains active, according to police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches
- Wake County program offers eviction, assistance for COVID-19 impacted renters
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- California governor signs law prompted by photo scandal in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now