RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A man has been arrested following the shooting death of a teen girl on Tuesday, Raleigh police announced Wednesday morning.
Police responded to a shooting call at an apartment complex in the 5700-block of Goodstone Drive just before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Once at the scene, officers found a gunshot victim and transported her to WakeMed for treatment.
The victim, who has been identified as 17-year-old Jameisha Person, died as a result of her injuries, police said.
James Edward Evans, Jr., 47, of Raleigh, was arrested at the scene, according to police and arrest records. He is charged with felony accessory after the fact to murder.
He is currently being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond.
The investigation remains active, according to police.
- North Carolina woman to become rare 2-time organ donor
- Average US gas price rises to $3.22 per gallon
- ‘This might be a great awakening for us’: Russia tops USA Gymnastics in qualifying
- Need to break something? ‘Gimme a Break’ brings rage rooms to Robeson County
- North Carolina General Assembly holds abbreviated work week