CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – A 59-year-old man was arrested for murdering a woman Thursday during a “domestic disturbance” inside their Cary home, town officials said.
Michael Curtis Sauls, 59, is charged with murdering Patsy Wood Sauls. Cary officials are calling it the town’s first homicide in 2019.
Police responded to a shooting report along the 2200 block of Piney Plains Road at approximately 11:45 a.m. Thursday. Officers arrived to find Patsy Sauls critically injured. She was transported to WakeMed Hospital in Cary where she later died, officials said in a news release.
Michael Sauls was still at the scene. He was arrested without incident.
Neighbors told CBS 17 a married couple lives at the home. Deja Graham said she heard four or five gunshots come from inside.
“There was about four or five gunshots,” she said. “We were watching a movie and it just took us by surprise. We didn’t really know what it was and then we came outside and we’ve seen a bunch of cop cars.”
There is a day care next door and worried parents have been picking up their kids throughout the afternoon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair