RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police announced Tuesday that a 27-year-old man was arrested in connection with a bank robbery last week.
Khaliq Roberto Miranda is charged with common law robbery and second-degree kidnapping. He’s being held at the Wake County Detention Center. No information was available on his bond.
Raleigh police responded to the Peoples Bank at 3023 Capital Blvd. shortly after 10 a.m. on June 27. The investigation determined the “suspect fled after a teller complied with his demands,” police said.
Employees at Starbucks, which is located next to the bank, told CBS 17 that the bank was robbed and then about a minute later there was a car crash just out front on Capital Boulevard at Huntleigh Drive.
The car was towed away around 11 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- September 16: Hot Again Today, Relief On The Way
- NCGA on track to OK new electoral maps this week; public hearing set for Monday
- Grandma uses hair dryer to catch neighborhood speeders
- Monday Fur-cast | September 16
- Hurricane Humberto moving away from U.S. coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now