RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN)– A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a shooting that wounded four people, Raleigh police said.
Police said Marleick Rashaun Jones was arrested in connection with the shootings and charged with four counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
The shooting happened on July 25 around 9:20 p.m. at 503 Bragg St., which is in southern downtown Raleigh near Garner Road, according to Raleigh police.
When officers arrived to the scene, a woman was suffering from gunshot wounds, police said. She was taken to WakeMed for her injuries.
During the investigation, officers got a call about three men who walked into WakeMed with gunshot wounds, police said.
According to police, all four victims were connected to the same shooting.
Jones remains behind bars at the Wake County Detention Center.
The shooting remains under investigation. Detectives ask that if you have any information about this shooting, please call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
- Sanford to begin 3-week city-wide scavenger hunt on Friday
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now