RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police announced Sunday night they had made an arrest in a deadly shooting at a nightclub early Saturday.
Shortly after 2 a.m., officers responded to a shots fired call in the parking lot of Mambo 69 Night Club in the 2200 block of New Hope Church Road.
Officers did not locate a victim at the scene but were told an hour later that a gunshot victim walked into WakeMed hospital and later died.
Saturday night, Raleigh Police identified the victim as Jose Almando Blanco Colon, 21.
Now, police say they have arrested Marlon Xavier Cruz Gonzalez, 22, in the shooting death. Records show Gonzalez is employed by the United States Air Force and he has a Kinston address, according to his arrest warrant.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Moore County Sheriff’s Office phone lines restored after brief outage
- Fayetteville woman charged after mother-in-law found deceased following domestic disturbance
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now