RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 21-year-old has been arrested in connection with an Oct. 8 armed robbery that happened at a parking deck at Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh police said Friday night.
Antonio Reid is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and robbery with a dangerous weapon. He robbed a victim of a cell phone and shot at him, police said.
The incident happened around 3:20 p.m. on Oct. 8.
According to 911 calls, it was a Siler City couple who had just left the Apple Store at Crabtree Valley Mall. Two iPhone 11s and cases for the new phones were stolen, according to an incident report.
“We just came out of the Apple Store and got to our car when a young man with a gun (inaudible) took the bag, fired shots and ran off,” the 911 caller says.
The two were 70 and 76 years old.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Local religious leaders ‘confused’ by President Trump’s ‘political’ photo op at Washington D.C. church
- Retired NC Rep. Michaux reflects on friendship with Martin Luther King Jr. as nation continues racial struggles decades later
- GOP senators offer rare rebuke of Trump on church visit
- Gov. Cooper says it’s ‘unfortunate’ GOP didn’t want to make changes to keep people safe
- 2 brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now