RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing a murder charge in connection with a weekend shooting at a Raleigh apartment complex that killed one man and injured another, according to arrest warrants.
Octaevius Tiquan Bunn, 19, is charged with murder in the shooting death of Markell Raekwon Hill, 22. He was booked on the charge at 10 p.m. Monday.
The double-shooting occurred around 11 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stillcrest Way at an apartment complex near the Triangle Town Center mall.
Police at the time said that two men suffered gunshot wounds. Hill died at WakeMed following the shooting, police said.
Earlier on Monday afternoon, Raleigh police said Zion Christian James, 16, was charged in connection with the incident.
James, of Raleigh, is charged with possession of a stolen firearm, forgery of instrument, possession of a handgun by minor, and possession of marijuana.
It’s not clear if James is still in custody. There is no bond information available for him.
Bunn is being held in the Wake County Detention Center without bond. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man says yard floods every time heavy rains fall at his Cumberland County home
- Rocky Mount holds emergency meetings to address audit, communication issues
- Don’t throw it away! IRS stimulus card payments arriving in unmarked envelopes
- Does workers’ comp cover an employee who caught COVID-19 at work?
- White House announces Medicare plan to provide insulin for $35 a month
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now